PeopleSoft Finance 9.2 upgrade had an impact on HR Combination codes. The number of fields are reduced :
|Old Project Chartstring in HR
Fund + Department ID + Prog Fin + Account + UMBC1 + Project + Activity + SAL + SAL
|New 9.2 Project Chartstring in HR
Fund + Department ID + Prog Fin + Account + Project
What department should I contact with questions?
- Financial Services. Get Help Here.
What does this shorter chartstring mean for Positions on projects or grants?
- When it is time to update the DBE, you will be required to use the *NEW HR COMBO CODES*, so please search by the fields rather than the HR Combo code. Fields being= Fund + Department ID + Prog Fin + Account + Project
Will Payroll Distribution run for my old project or grant chartstrings?
- Yes, old project or grant chartstrings will continue to work for Payroll Distribution.
When I do a Retro, will I need to call to have the combo codes reactivated.
- No, they will be active for Retros.
Were HR Combo codes for State funds or funds with NO projects impacted?
- Yes, as we work towards auto-populating Prog Fin, the HR Combo codes were updated to reflect the purpose of the departments.
- These discussions took place throughout calendar year 2017- if you need information, please contact us.
- Changes started 4/17/18
Why are there boxes around my combination codes on Gross Pay Report?
- The boxes mean the combinations are inactive. The next time you do a DBE, you will select the active combination and the box will go away. No need to rush for now.