The Cost Accounting & Analysis office is responsible for assisting the University with the interpretation and application of cost principles related to sponsored award activities.
Cost Accounting & Analysis has responsibility for:
- Calculating and negotiating the federal reimbursement rate for Facilities and Administrative (F&A) expenses incurred in support of sponsored research and other sponsored projects.
- Providing rate development guidance for the units that provide goods or services primarily to internal University operations that include federally funded grants/contracts (i.e. service centers).
- Compiling and submitting data for the annual NSF HERD Survey and other ad-hoc expense reporting.
- Reviewing effort reports and communicating with Principal Investigators and Department Administrators to facilitate timely certification.
- Providing guidance to the campus on cost principles related to Post-Award activities as outlined in federal regulations.
Cost Accounting & Analysis staff is located at…
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Tammy R. Ross, Director
Administration Building, 4th Floor
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250