Briefly state the purpose of the request within a MEMO.
- What is name of new Department
- Will this be effective for the next Fiscal Year or immediately ?
- Will this new department have State funding?
- What will the main purpose of this department be (research, instruction, public service..)
Depending on the department requesting the change, Approvals are Department > Assistant Dean/Dean/AVP or VP / Provost > President of the UMBC.
Once the President’s Memo is received by Financial Services via RT Ticket, PeopleSoft Finance is updated.
Information to include within the RT Ticket:
- Approved / Signed MEMO
- Whether the New Department will it have payroll / positions?
- Whether the New Department will have ‘funding’ on any positions?
- What department id will this new department roll up to?
Financial Services works with PeopleSoft Human Resources(HR) to update that system immediately following PeopleSoft Finance. Then all other systems are notified.
Additional Forms from Campus Department to make this department functional:
Updated May 29, 2019